Fidler-Isburg Funeral Chapels & Crematory Services
About Us
Planning a Funeral
Immediate Arrangements
Grief Support
Expressions of Sympathy™

Here are some places on the Internet that we would like to share with you:

Hospice Care
Hospice of the Northen Hills

Phone 1(605)-644-4444

All Star Travelers Inn

Phone 1-(605)642-5753

American Hotel & Suites

Phone 1-(605)-578-1500

Bell's Motor Lodge

Phone 1-(605)-642-3812

Best Western Black Hills Lodge

Phone 1-(605)-642-7795

Canyon Gateway Motel

Phone 1-(605)-642-3402

Days Inn

phone 1(605)-642-7101

Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort

Phone 1(605)-578-1294

Fairfield Inn & Suites

Phone 1(605)-642-3500

Holiday Inn Hotel & Spearfish Convention Center

Phone 1-(605)-642-4683

Howard Johnson Inn

Phone 1-(605)-642-8105

Orchard Creek Cottages

Phone 1-(605)-642-4234

Quality Inn

Phone 1-(605)-642-2337

Spearfish Canyon Lodge

Phone 1-(605)-584-3435

Spearfish Creek Inn

Phone 1-(605)-642-9941

Super 8

Phone 1-(605)-642-4721

The Lodge at Deadwood

Phone 1(605)-584-4800

Travelodge of Spearfish

Phone 1-(605)-642-4676

Black Hills Pioneer

Local newspaper serving Northern Hills, including Spearfish, Lead and Deadwood, South Dakota.

Rapid City Journal

Local paper serving West River South Dakota and the Black Hills area.

Local Interest
City of Spearfish

Phone 1(605)-642-1325

Spearfish Area Chamber of Commerce

Visit Spearfish

Phone 1 (605)-717-9295

Funeral Related
Vital Statistics Form

Cremation Related
Cremation Authorization Form

Department of Veterans Affairs

Spearfish Veterans Monument

A truely deserving monument to the Veterans of Spearfish.

The Spearfish VFW Post 5860 and the American Legion Post 164 are working together to build the Spearfish Veterans Monument to honor all Spearfish Veterans.

Social Security
Social Security Administration

Toll Free 1(800)-772-1213
Social Security should be notified as soon as possible when a person dies. In most cases, the funeral director will report the person's death to Social Security. You will need to furnish the funeral director with the deceased's Social Security number so he or she can make the report. If you want to report a death to Social Security, please call our toll-free number or contact your local office. You cannot report a death online.
Some of the deceased's family members may be able to receive Social Security benefits if the deceased person worked long enough under Social Security to qualify for benefits. You should get in touch with Social Security as soon as you can to make sure the family receives all of the benefits to which it may be entitled. Please read the following information carefully to learn what benefits may be available.
• A one-time payment of $255 can be paid to the surviving spouse if he or she was living with the deceased; or, if living apart, was receiving certain Social Security benefits on the deceased's record. If there is no surviving spouse, the payment is made to a child who is eligible for benefits on the deceased's record in the month of death.
• Certain family members may be eligible to receive monthly benefits, including:
o A widow or widower age 60 or older (age 50 or older if disabled);
o A widow or widower at any age who is caring for the deceased's child under age 16 or disabled;
o An unmarried child of the deceased who is:
? Younger than age 18 (or up to age 19 if he or she is a full-time student in an elementary or secondary school); or
? Age 18 or older with a disability that began before age 22;
o A stepchild, grandchild, stepgrandchild or adopted child under certain circumstances;
o Parents, age 62 or older, who were dependent on the deceased for at least half of their support; and
o A surviving divorced spouse, under certain circumstances.
If the deceased was receiving Social Security benefits, you must return the benefit received for the month of death or any later months. For example, if the person dies in July, you must return the benefit paid in August. If benefits were paid by direct deposit, contact the bank or other financial institution. Request that any funds received for the month of death or later be returned to Social Security. If the benefits were paid by check, do not cash any checks received for the month in which the person dies or later. Return the checks to Social Security as soon as possible.
However, eligible family members may be able to receive death benefits for the month in which the beneficiary died.


Contact Us  ·  Get Directions  ·  Mobile Version  ·  Privacy  ·  Terms of Use
      ©2006 - 2015 Fidler-Isburg Funeral Chapels & Crematory Services    Funeral Home Website by Batesville, Inc.     Site Manager: Login