Fidler-Isburg Funeral Chapels & Crematory Services
 
 
Home
Obituaries
About Us History
Staff
Newsletter
Facilities
Merchandise
Planning a Funeral
Pre-Planning
Immediate Arrangements
Grief Support
Expressions of Sympathy™
Links
History



Our Values and Beginnings
1950's
1950's
 

T he early years of funeral service in Spearfish was rooted in the McColley family. The first brother had it for a number of years, then his brother Dallas, and finally a third brother Rawlin. Ray and Nadine Fidler came to Spearfish in 1955 and Ray began working for Dallas. Ray landscaped the new location at 450 7th st., which Dallas and Margaret had built in order to move from a smaller location on Main Street, late in 1956, after Rawlin had made the purchase from Dallas. In May of 1957 the Fidlers acquired the McColley business, and moved their operation to 7th Street. The Fidlers later acquired the McColley funeral home in Lead, SD, and the Roberts Funeral Home in Sundance, WY. They operated their funeral homes until 2000, when Nadine, now Ray's widow, sold to the Isburg family, Damon and Traci. They continue funeral service in both Spearfish and Sundance. In May of 2010 we were pleased to announce the merger of Aldinger Funeral Home in Spearfish and the Lead-Deadwood Memorial Chapel in Lead to our family of funeral homes.






 
 




Contact Us  ·  Get Directions  ·  Mobile Version  ·  Privacy  ·  Terms of Use
      ©2006 - 2014 Fidler-Isburg Funeral Chapels & Crematory Services    Funeral Home Website by Batesville, Inc.     Site Manager: Login